Over the past few months, the Legion Run team has been working hard on a plan to bring our events back in 2021, ensuring the quality and safety of your on-event experience.
This plan has been designed to keep all racers, volunteers, and staff safe.
Legion run is taking the following steps, based on strict government requirements and local rules and regulations.
These guidelines are subject to change with the evolving situation and all or partly will be taken accordingly to the governement restrictions and situation in the country at the moment.
Cleaning and Sanitization
- Staff will regularly clean and sanitise customer touchpoints throughout the day, particularly in high traffic areas, payment collection points, toilets, tables, and more.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use throughout events, all around the festival area, before and after every obstacle, in and around portable toilets.
- Always keep at least 2 metres between yourself and other people.
- Capacity will be limited, ranging from 30%-70% of standard capacity, based on government and local authority guidelines.
- Markers will be used to ensure safe distancing in all the points where lines are formed: Check In (Registration) area, Toilet facilities, Start Line, Obstacles, Water Stations.
- There will be waiting areas and markers in front of obstacles that are expected to produce lines – each marker is to be for
- Registration will be spread in 9 different zones
- Food vendors will be in 4 different kiosks, away from the festival area
- All event staff and volunteers will wear face coverings at all times. Face masks will be provided for volunteers.
- Attendees will be required to wear a face-covering in the pre-start and festival area, and can remove their mask while on course.
- Face masks will also be available for purchase on site.
- Contactless temperature check will be made to everyone entering the event space.
- A person with a body temperaturemore than 38 degrees Celsius will not be permitted to enter.
- Health and Symptom acknowledgement will be conducted by a medical professional
- COVID-19 Declaration: Each customer may be required to complete a declaration when checking in at the event that they are not currently infected by COVID-19 and have not had, or knowingly been in, contact with someone experiencing any of the following COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Changes in taste or smell
Event adjustments during severe pandemic conditions
- Reduced amount of people in a running wave.
- Food items and product samples will be individually packaged and self-service.
- Water stations will not use cups, each participant will get their own small bottle of water
- Shade tents will not be provided to facilitate social distancing.
- Water-based obstacles are treated each morning and contact obstacles will be sanitised at scheduled intervals. The CDC has noted that transmission of COVID-19 via water and pools is highly unlikely.
- Bag drop will be in an open-sided tent to promote ventilation. Attendees should plan to bring their personal items in a waterproof bag.
- Option to spread the event through 2 or more days of the weekend (Saturday and Sunday vs only Saturday if situation improves)
- Bigger distance between the attractions and obstacles
The information in this document is subject to change at Legion run’s discretion.
If you have further questions please get in touch by filling the form bellow